www.flickr.com
Enticing Icing's items Go to Enticing Icing's photostream

Thursday, September 11, 2008

To Market, To Market

I am kinda known by friends, family and sometimes even strangers as the lady that remembers songs/nursery rhymes/jingles etc. Which I am sure is a great quality to have. I am sure though my parents wished I had remembered things like times tables and the periodic table, but instead I remember useless pieces of information!!

I remember one year on my report card a teacher writing something along the lines of "If Emily knew all her subjects as well as the words to the advertisements on television, she would be a straight A student." LOL too funny.

Anyway, keeping to the theme... I have decided to share an oldie but a goodie with you (mind you I did have to look up the subsequent verses to this one)

EmBelISH will be at the St. William's Craft market this Saturday from 8am - 12 noon so come and visit us !! 67 Dawson Parade, Keperra, Brisbane
you can also see Ali from Jellygnite too !

Watch the blog for posts of our yummy treats as they are baked in preparation for this event.
xx Em

To Market, To Market

To market, to market to buy a fat pig;
Home again, home again, jiggety-jig.
To market, to market, to buy a fat hog;
Home again, home again, jiggety-jog.
To market, to market, to buy a plum cake;
Home again, home again, market is late.
To market, to market, to buy a plum bun;
Home again, home again, market is done.
To market, to market, a gallop a trot,
To buy some meat to put in the pot;
Three pence a quarter, a groat a side,
If it hadn't been killed it must have died
If you have gotten this far thanks for reading the whole post... and Bel I know you are rolling on the floor laughing at me knowing this one!! obscure enough for you ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment :)

.