the swap list will be posted on 14th of October 2008, All gifts are to be sent so they reach the recipient for an opening day of 1st December 2008.
If you want further information you can email me here
I have "borrowed" these rules from another swap site as I thought they were fair and ensured everyone gets something safely by the opening day....
Ohhhh I am sooo excited!!!!!!!!!
ETA - a few of you have asked if it is ok if you are not in Australia, that is fine, we can post wherever.. I will make sure when the draw is done everyone is happy with where they are posting to.. (international swappers accepted)
ALSO - clarification on what you can make that falls into the category - anything "handmade" that is a christmas ornament or decoration; so it can be for the tree, the wall, the door, the window, the table etc. hope this makes sense.
The countdown is on!!
1.All swapees must give me their snail mail address, Phone number and private email address before the swap list is drawn otherwise they will not be included. This is so you can be contacted quickly if needed.
2. Once the swap list is published you must contact your swap partner within 7 days or you will be left out of the swap and your partner will be allocated another partner.
3. There are two types of swaps a. Down the line swap – this is where you send to the person after you on the list ie you receive from one person but send to a different person
4. MOST IMPORTANT - Through out the swap to keep in contact with your swap partner(s) via private messages or email. If you want to, you can give the person who is sending to you an idea of your likes and dislikes - or you can go for a complete surprise, it's up to you.
5. If for some reason you have to drop out of the swap – please contact your swap partners and me as quickly as possible, as we might be able to arrange a new swap partner for that person. In a down the line swap, if you find late in the swap that you need to drop out and you have already received your gift please send this gift on to the person you are sending to so they don’t miss out.
6. Before sending your parcel, take a photo and remember to include a note with your gift, telling how you decided to make what you did. If possible a personalized label on your gift is a great way for your swap partners to remember you for years to come. Post your pics on your blog after the parcel is received and link back to us!!
7. Please send your parcel allowing enough postage time to ensure your swap partner receives it by the swap opening date. Especially for posting overseas, check with the post office early so you know how long to allow for postage.
8. Once you have opened your gift, ensure you thank you swap partner and post a message on your blog to share a description of your gift for everyone to read.
9. If you find you are having problems with a swap partner: Before posting a message about this publicly please contact me and I will try to resolve it for you.
Please join in the fun