www.flickr.com
Enticing Icing's items Go to Enticing Icing's photostream

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Toasty Little Monster & big changes ahead!

Well I have been pretty slack on the blogging front lately so I thought I should update you all on what has been happening in my life lately. Not only is being 28 weeks pregnant excitement enough but hubby and I thought we would buy a house just to keep things interesting. It’s been a few years since we have been in the property market and with interest rates the way they are at the moment in Oz we thought it was too good an opportunity to pass up. So my days lately have been filled with packing/cleaning and trying to keep our 2 year old entertained at the same time in order to have everything ready to move over the Easter break.

Now being on a pretty tight budget has meant that I have been doing my research and shopping around for those bits and pieces I want to buy to make our transition into the new house that little bit nicer, needless to say a shopping trip to IKEA was in store for us last week and it gave me the chance to meet up with a good friend Kate and her two adorable kids Anouk and baby Oscar. Sax was lucky enough to get a lovely pressie care of Kate and her mum in the way of a lovely warm dressing gown which I am sure is going to come in handy as the weather gets colder. He is fascinated with the little spacey alien/monsters all over it and insists on wearing it around the house most days (even though weather is still quite warm). To break up our routine today I thought a batch of cupcakes for morning tea was in order. I had some leftover Passionfruit butter from the batch I made for the markets a few weeks ago so what better a filling topped off with some whipped vanilla cream, Yumo! I have also been meaning to share a pic of a little bird brooch that I made a few weeks ago on my way to the BrisStyle catch-up. I actually caught the train for the first time in quite a while and it gave me a lovely hour to myself to just sit and sew which was really nice. I also made a couple of other little birds, one for Em and for the lovely Robyn of Hotfudge which I included in the BrisStyle present swap. One last thing to share, Em and I also found some spare time to whip up some more felt hairclips for the markets a few weeks ago (our stocks were getting quite low). I will hopefully find some time to list some new ones on our ETSY store over the next few weeks. I also made some more pony tail holders (most of which have sold which is great!) so I will need to order some more covers and hopefully will get the chance to make another batch after our move. Hope you all have a happy week, take care

Bel x

4 comments:

  1. Doesn't Sax look cool in his new dressing gown. And I must tell you that my little bird brooch gets lots of favourable comments whenever I wear it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad he loves the dressing gown! I've had to hide Oscar's to stop Nouka running around it! that bird brooch is lovely! well done, and I think I'm going to need one of those bunny hairclips! maybe a couple actually.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sax looks so lovely in his dressing gown. Good luck with all the moving, I'm sure your new home will be just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, you had me at the cupcakes. Don't go overdoing things though.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment :)

.