www.flickr.com
Enticing Icing's items Go to Enticing Icing's photostream

Thursday, September 3, 2009

Family Time...

Well I know I am always saying it, but it really has been a busy few weeks in our house with no sign if things slowing down either at least not until Christmas I reckon :(

Firstly I am very proud to say Brad & I celebrated our 10th Wedding Anniversary recently. I have to say it’s something I guess I never really thought of all those years ago and it feels like a lifetime since that magical day, but it has been an amazing journey. I am so excited to see what the next 10 years brings us, especially seeing as our family has grown from 2 to 4 members so excitement is guaranteed ;) Like any marriage we have had our ups and downs but I think it such an achievement and I can honestly say I love Brad more today than I ever thought possible ♥
(no laughing at the pic, we were really young ok and IT was a whole 10 years ago and before lack of sleep ;)
Brad finally had some time off from work last week and it was so nice for him to be able to spend some time at home with his boys and for us to go and have some ‘family outings’ and also catch up on some sleep. We took the boys to visit the Museum at Southbank. Something we have wanted to do for ages but just never seem to find the time to do it and Sax had a ball! He got to experience he’s very first train trip...
and even got to have a play in the parklands afterwards which helped burn off some energy and practice some tree climbing before we boarded the train for the trip home.

Brad also found some time to do some work on our veggie gardens. The weather has been warming up here quite quickly so we thought we better get planting before that real summer heat hits us. It’s all a bit of trial and error but I am happy to say our little seedlings seem to be fairing quite well and we even had a little bit of rain early one morning this week which they loved. We have planted a wide of variety of things including Celery, Tomatoes, Capsicums, Broccoli, Spinach, Cucumbers and some herbsI will definitely post some more pics once there is something exciting to see ;)

I even got a little bit of me time, and I was such a much happier mummy to be able to do some crafting again. It feels like ages since I have had the time to do anything that I enjoy and doesn’t involve cleaning or organising someone else. Like any crafter there seems to be a million ideas floating around in my head, so it was great to start making some of them a reality. Plus as an added bonus I even got to do some baking and whipped up a batch of my Nan’s famous Cream Puffs (I seriously forgot how good these tasted and surprisingly how easy they were to make)

It’s hard to believe but Xavier is 3 months old today, I knew the time was flying by but I seriously must have been half asleep lately because it feels like only yesterday we were driving to the hospital anxiously awaiting the arrival our baby boy.

Anyway, I best be going I have a two year climbing all over me that I promised we would make some cupcakes and a bub with the hiccups. Lots more to share so I will try and post again real soon ☺

Take care, Bel x

1 comment:

  1. great post Bel!! Thanks so much for having the guts to show your wedding pic (you're a braver girl than I am!) .. you both look gorgeous ... even with the hairstyle! ;)
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment :)

.