www.flickr.com
Enticing Icing's items Go to Enticing Icing's photostream

Monday, February 23, 2009

A better end to the week & a Proximidade Award!

Well after a pretty rough start to the week, can I say that it ended on a much lovelier note :)Firstly a huge THANKS to LittleDiva for nominating us for a Proximidade Award.
It works like this:

These blogs invest and believe in PROXIMITY - nearness in space, time and relationships. These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in prizes for self-aggrandizement! Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers!
The rules are: This blog award should be sent to your favorite eight bloggers and they, in turn should forward to eight of their favorites. You should include the text for Proximidade (above) in your announcement blog.
So now it is our turn to hand out the award. For creating interesting, funny and addictive blogs, we nominate:
13Mimosa

Secondly Em and I attended the very first Brisbane Brown Owls meet up on Sunday and had a really lovely morning.

I brought along some morning tea (really just an excuse to spend some 'kid free' time in the kitchen and make use of my cupcake courier) and even had fun experimenting making some little owl cupcakes, which was great fun.

Alot of us made some cute little owl brooches from a kit made up by Abbey...and I even go the time to finish some toys that I had started for the toy society drive for the kids affected by the Victorian bush fires.Coming home from such a great morning, I was all inspried to do a bit more baking and being my mum's last night of her visit with us I made a yummy Bacon, Tomato and Asparagus Tart for dinner and also a couple of jars of homemade pesto as the Basil we have in the garden has got a bit wild lately.
I even had the time to sit down to make my little one a brooch of his very own as he keep wanting to wear the EmBelISH owl one I had worn for the day (boys can wear brooches cant they?) Hope this week is just as good :)

Bel x

8 comments:

  1. wow Bel! What a busy time you've had!! I love Saxon's little dino brooch :)
    Congrats on your award too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the sewing and love the cooking - that tart looks delicious! Thanks so much for the award - you have made my day!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both so very much for passing this on to me.

    Those cakes look so great - change that everything looks lovely. I'm glad that you've had a better end to the week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. At least I know who to call on in the middle of the night when I get a Cup Cake Crave. You even have your own cup cake carrier - how impressive is that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. absolutely they can! but then my little man is already wearing girls clothes.... mmmm, I've had one of those lovely tarts! yummy! I love that brooch by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It all looks wonderful! I particularly love the little Scottie dog!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey there :)
    Thanks so much for the honour. I've given formal thanks, and passed it on at http://www.kidstylefile.com.au/2009/02/28/the-proximidade-award/
    Angela@KidStyleFile xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Bel. I have a baking question for you seeing as you are obviously a cupcake extraordinaire !! Whenever I cook cupcakes without the cases they stick to the pan - doesn't seem to matter if I use oil spray or butter and whenever I cook them using the patty cases, the cases don't stick to the cake - they peel away while cooking. Any tips ?? Thanks heaps, Christine xxoo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment :)

.